Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Meal Round-Up

Yeeehaw! Here's some random meals I've had lately.

Today I'm in bakerella mode, so just wait, this stuff is golden. You'll be drooling all over your keyboard and may have to replace it. Just sayin'.

Fried asparagus! So easy, just use the same method as my jalapeno poppers (without the cream cheese, unless you want to. Hey! That sounds good...). I made a dipping sauce from soy sauce and spicy mustard, and it was a nice complement. I had a basic salad to go with it so my heart didn't stop from all the fried goodness. That's a valid medical fear.

Lately I've been on a potato kick. By lately, I mean my entire life. Why are potatoes so gooood? My favorite is to bake them, using howtobakeapotato.com. They seriously always come out perfect when using that method, unless of course I get too impatient. 1.5 hours seems like a lifetime but it's so worth it for that perfect potato. I put a little vegan sour cream, some Daiya pepperjack shreds, and a touch of Lowry's seasoning salt on top. Again, to try and bring the healthy scale back to earth, I ate this with some steamed spinach and mushrooms. This meal is perfect for one of those cold, summer nights. Wait a minute... Is California the only state with seriously weirdo weather right now?

Well, I need to get back to cupcakin' (oh man, ruined one of my baking surprises) and studying (Environmental Control Systems final today at 1pm). 

Enjoy the day!
Kate


1 comment:

  1. omg, I could live off potatoes if I had too (let's face it, I could do it even if I didn't have to...) I'm a lover of the mashed variety, but I'll definitely check out the baked potato sight!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I really hope the apartment search is going well for you! viel spaß in Deutschland und viel Erfolg bei der Wohnungsuche!

    ReplyDelete