Saturday, February 26, 2011

4 Ways - Portobello Mushrooms, Recipe 2


I didn't mention it in my last post, but all four mushrooms were prepared the same way -- with olive and balsamic. 
Now that we have THAT cleared up, time for another recipe! I know I've already presented a pizza recipe, but when is there EVER enough pizza in the world? (Don't answer that... the answer is never). Some friends were over eating pizza so I thought I'd make my own vegan version, but with a twist! The portobello mushrooms alone are fabulous, but sometimes I'm craving spiciness... 

Recipe 2: Spicy Mushroom Pizza
Ingredients - 
Trader Joe's Pizza Dough, garlic herb (I keep these on hand in the freezer at all times)
Sweet basil tomato sauce
Daiya brand mozzarella "cheese"
1 large portobello mushroom
2 cloves garlic
As much white onion as desired
As many jalapenos as desired (Mine were in a jar in slices)
-Let the pizza dough rest for 30 minutes in a room temperature environment (otherwise when you roll it out, it will morph back into it's original shape)
-Use the back side of a spoon to spread the tomato sauce evenly on the top of the dough
-Add Daiya "cheese"(it's not necessary to use so much that you can't see the sauce, the rest of the ingredients will make this pizza filling)
-Cut up the cooked mushroom into cube bite-size pieces
-In a frying pan with a small amount of oil on medium heat, add the garlic (gone through a garlic press) and onions -- I let those soak up most of the oil before adding the jalapenos 
-Add all ingredients to the top of the pizza!
-Cook in a 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes (until the cheese is melted and the crusted starts to brown -- with this variety of pizza dough, it doesn't golden much so be aware)




1 comment:

  1. I would totally go vegan for a minute because all this looks tasty! And I don't even like mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete