Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Here we go...

Here it is folks - blog post numero uno. As an avid follower of too many blogs to count (let's just say my toolbar is more than full -- with several pull-down tabs), I never thought I'd be sitting here writing my own. It's a little intimidating trying to compete with the Rumi's, Elsie Flannigan's and Jenna Corray's of the blog-averse, but I'll give it my best shot.
As of January 2, 2011, I became a vegan. The whole thing was sort of impulsive, but to be honest impulse pretty much rules every decision in my life. One of my best friends, Taryn, has been vegan for about a year now, driven by health-consciousness. Another best friend, Amy, decided to take the plunge for the New Year, 2011. Upon hearing about it, I was in too, before even picking up a book or looking at a recipe. Stupid? Maybe. Unprepared? Definitely. But I can honestly say it was one of the best accidents -- err, decisions -- I've ever made. It completely revolutionized the way I live and think about food (which for me, are synonymous).
I'm not here to convince anyone to adopt the vegan lifestyle. I'm here to start conversation -- veganism principles, recipies, being vegan on a college student's budget, coping strategies for new vegans (I MISS CHEESE!) -- and maybe we can all learn a little something about ourselves along the way (I'm starting to get a little cheesy... from the withdrawls).
Oh, and if you're going to follow this blog, you'll have to put up with my terrible jokes.

Vegans Unite,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. hi kate :)! sounds like a great blog. i've been half heartedly going vegetarian for two months now. i have a couple friends who are vegan too, i would love to follow along with your journey :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy! I had no idea you had a blog. Following immediately.

    ReplyDelete