Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Abby!


This last Wednesday was my good friend Abby's birthday! I decided to whip up some Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows for the occasion. The recipe is from Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's new book Vegan Cookies Invade your Cookie Jar. I haven't ordered this book yet, but it's on my wish list! Their last dessert book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World changed my life, basically. You can see some of my cupcake creations here.

Back to the crack-cookies... The recipe makes 2 dozen so you have plenty to go around (making any less would be a literal crime). They've been tested by ages 7-45, and all responded with "mmm!", "ahh!", and "can I have another one pleeeease?" (that last quote was by a 20 year old, not a 7 year old). I highly recommend these sweets and buying Vegan Cookies Invade your Cookie Jar, and no, Isa Chandra isn't paying me to say that. Are you out there Isa? I do accept cash.

Num,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. ooh i love peanut butter anything. sounds so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum freaking yum. i really want me some vegan cookies now. if they're vegan you can eat like 12 and it doesn't count, right? ;)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete